Consultant Editor: Bruno Simma, Judge at the Iran-US Claims Tribunal and former Judge at the International Court of Justice; Professor of Law at the University of Michigan Law School.
Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law brings a major new dimension to our offerings for scholars and practitioners working in public international law. Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law contains full-text online editions of market-leading reference works and treatises published by Oxford University Press, such as Oppenheim, and the Oxford Commentaries on International Law. Together with Judge Bruno Simma, books in the following four categories have been selected for inclusion:
- Authoritative treatises, which continue to define their area of law
- Black-letter reference works and commentaries, which will help you to answer practical questions about the law
- Classic works on international law, which remain influential in their field today
- Flagship publications, which provide innovative perspectives on current legal problems
All titles are fully searchable and browsable by subject matter, title and author, and are linked, via the Oxford Law Citator, to relevant case reports and articles within all of Oxford University Press's online law products. With integrated access across our international law services the researcher is now one step closer to the perfect research solution.
“OSAIL is a courageous venture which will be of immense help to international lawyers anywhere. It will save us time-consuming library searches and give some well-deserved rest to scanners and photocopiers. But above all, it will confirm OUP's stature as the world's leading publisher in the field of international law and its willingness to retain this position well into the 21st century.”
—Bruno Simma, Consultant Editor
- Browse titles by author and contributor, title, and subject
- Search full-text of every title, or search within individual titles
- Move between these references and case reports as well as further commentary and analysis
- Rely on the latest content with new titles added twice a year. A full title list is available.
Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law supports librarians by providing:
- Excellent customer support
- COUNTER-compliant statistics
- MARC21 records available, free of charge
- OpenURL compliance, connecting citations straight into the library’s catalogue
- RSS feeds delivering the latest news straight to your desktop
Obtaining access to Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law
Subscriptions and 30-day free-trials are available to institutions for all of our resources. If you are an academic, professional or a student, you can recommend the service to your Librarian.