Search all Public International Law Content in one place
July 17, 2015
Interrogate full text journal and non-journal content via a single search
We are excited to announce that users can now search the full text of all of Oxford's Public International Law journals alongside the Oxford Public International Law family of online products includingOxford Reports on International Law, Max Planck Encyclopedia of International Law, Oxford Scholarly Authorities on International Law and Oxford Historical Treaties.
Journals that are now searchable from Oxford Public International Law include:
- British Yearbook of International Law
- Chinese Journal of International Law
- European Journal of International Law
- Human Rights Law Review
- ICSID Review - Foreign Investment Law Journal
- International Journal of Refugee Law
- International Journal of Transitional Justice
- Journal of Conflict and Security Law
- Journal of Human Rights Practice
- Journal of International Criminal Justice
- Journal of International Dispute Settlement
- Journal of International Economic Law
- London Review of International Law
How does it work?
- Users conducting a quick search on Oxford Public International Law will be presented with two tabs of results. The first represents the usual results that they would have obtained as an Oxford Public International Law user. The second will be labelled 'Extended results', which presents results matching their search query in the full text of Oxford Public International Law content, alongside results from the full text of the journals listed above.
- The 'Extended results' tab is not shown on Browse results, nor on results obtained via an Advanced search.
Access to the content behind the results
- The user will be able to access the full text of the content behind each result only if they subscribe to the product in which that content is published.
- The full content will be displayed in its native environment – i.e. journals content will be served up by the Oxford Journals site for the relevant journal, whereas Oxford Public International Law content will be displayed in the Oxford Public International Law environment.
Narrowing results using filtering
- At the moment, users are only able to filter results in the Extended results tab to exclude content to which they do not have full text access.
- In the future, we plan to add additional options, including filtering by content type and by product (including by individual journal).
- Note also that a user who has already used filters to narrow results from Oxford Public International Law before clicking on the Extended results tab will lose those refinements if they later click back to the previous tab.