Oxford Reports on International Investment Claims
OverviewOxford Reports on International Investment Claims (IIC) aims to publish all publicly available awards and decisions arising out of international investment arbitrations, and related enforcement or review decisions from national courts. The collection at launch included over 300 arbitral awards, decisions, and determinations issued under the auspices of bodies such as:
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- ICC International Court of Arbitration
- London Court of International Arbitration
- Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
- Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Association of South East Asian Nations arbitral tribunal
The site also reports awards and decisions of ad hoc international arbitral tribunals, such as those dealing with claims presented under the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) or under the arbitration rules of the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL). Determinations on insurance contracts made by the US Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) are also reported.
When will OUP commission a full report?
A full report of a decision or award is commissioned for IIC, together with expert analysis where appropriate, for the following types of awards and decisions:
- Awards on the merits (including interim awards addressing issues relating to the merits of a dispute)
- Awards dealing with jurisdictional issues
- Awards dealing with damages, interest and costs
- Annulment decisions
- Domestic court decisions relating to international investment arbitrations
Generally, OUP will not commission full IIC case reports for the following types of awards and decisions:
- Procedural orders
- OPIC determinations
The full text of these decisions will remain online with a skeleton headnote to aid searching and browsing.